Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need Extreme to use Ethernet with Roku 3?

I'm moving into a newer, smaller apartment and finally cutting the cable cord. I have picked up a Roku 3, which I would like to optimize by connecting via Ethernet cable to my Airport. Can I do this with the (fairly old) Airport Express that I have, or will I need to upgrade to the new Airport Extreme?nks

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 6:35 AM

Please take a look at the specifications of your Roku player.

If the Ethernet ports on the player only support 10/100 Mbs Ethernet, then the Express will be OK.

If the Ethernet ports on the Roku player support 10/100/1000 Ethernet, then the AirPort Extreme signal will be 10 times faster than the Ethernet capability of the AirPort Express.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2013 6:35 AM in response to Jonathan Hayes

Please take a look at the specifications of your Roku player.

If the Ethernet ports on the player only support 10/100 Mbs Ethernet, then the Express will be OK.

If the Ethernet ports on the Roku player support 10/100/1000 Ethernet, then the AirPort Extreme signal will be 10 times faster than the Ethernet capability of the AirPort Express.

Do I need Extreme to use Ethernet with Roku 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.