Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 no 'Play' button for iTunes purchased videos?

With the seemingly never ending saga I've had lately with Apple stuff simply not 'just working' I today ran across yet ANOTHER problem. I have an iPad 2 and several videos FROM iTunes, one in particular very recent and one not so. Both are TV shows. I am running IOS 7.0.4 on the iPad and the latest version of iTunes and Mavericks on my Macbook.

Now, after syncing I can see the two videos in the Video app but squat else. No 'Play' button and no option to do anything else with them. They are just there and that's it. I've done a ton of searches and best I've come up with is a power/home button reset but, no joy.

Is this yet another glitch in IOS, iTunes or whatever or has Apple introduced some buried setting somewhere I'n not aware of? Any help appreciated, before I throw this iPad up the wall. I was previously quite heavily invested in Apple gear but with the last few months I've had that's likely to change significantly. I've spent more time sorting this stuff out than I ever did with Windows. One of my two iPhones has been sent packing, shortly to be followed by the other one, the rest of my Apple gear will likely follow at this rate 😟 Not at all impressed, esp at the price they ask for this stuff!!!

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 6:50 AM

3 replies

Dec 9, 2013 7:22 AM in response to TechAddict

I've just checked and these videos do not have a play option on the iPhone 4S either?? Is it a format issue or just a screw up? You'd exppect that material purchased in iTunes, which iTunes then allows you to sync to an iPad and / or iPhone would just play. Simple. Presumably it's a glitch or there are other hoops (sorry, features) you need to jump through to get it to work.

iPad 2 no 'Play' button for iTunes purchased videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.