Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add photo to synced event from iphoto

Hi guys,

Until now I never had any problem with my iphones, but this time I struggle finding a way of doing what i need.

On my iMac I have an event in iphoto called "new house" with pictures i took with another cam.

I synced these pictures via itunes with my new iphone 5s and made another photo with the iphone from the house.

So i wanted to put this picture in the synced album on my phone.

Well, i can't.

I have to add a new album and add the new photos there??

I cannot simply add a picture to a synced album?! How come??

If this worked it would be easier to sync the new pictures back with iphoto on my mac...

(The same...but i knew this: i cannot delete a synced album on my phone! I have to "unsync" it in itunes?!

Does anybody knows how to enable that i can add a picture to a synced album?

Thanks everybody

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 10:51 AM

There may be easier ways (and probably are using iCloud) but the way I do it and that I know works (especially since the album was originally created using iTunes sync) is to import the picture you took on the iPhone to your Mac (using the "If you have a Mac" section of http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4083 ).

Put the picture in the same event or album that you previously synced. Then sync again using iTunes. The photo sync from iTunes is always one way -- from the computer to the phone and reflects the status of the albums or events on the computer. Once you have done the above you can delete the photo from Camera Roll if desired.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2013 10:51 AM in response to Strakekine

There may be easier ways (and probably are using iCloud) but the way I do it and that I know works (especially since the album was originally created using iTunes sync) is to import the picture you took on the iPhone to your Mac (using the "If you have a Mac" section of http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4083 ).

Put the picture in the same event or album that you previously synced. Then sync again using iTunes. The photo sync from iTunes is always one way -- from the computer to the phone and reflects the status of the albums or events on the computer. Once you have done the above you can delete the photo from Camera Roll if desired.

Add photo to synced event from iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.