Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my newly bought used iPad mini let me download previously bought music?

I bought a used iPad mini from Amazon and it was turning out to be great!!!.... Until I couldn't listen and download my previously bought music on my Apple ID. Whenever I try to download a previously bought item, it comes up with this:

"THIS DEVICE IS ALREADY ASSOCIATED WITH AN APPLE ID: You can download past purchases on this device with just one Apple ID every 90 days. This device can be used with another Apple ID in 79 days."

Can someone please help? I don't know what that means.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 9:33 AM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2013 9:37 AM in response to natalia828

It means you or the previous owner have been using that iPad with an AppleID different from yours. As the message says, you can only change the AppleID associated with a device once every 90 days.

Was this device not erased when you got it? The previous owner should have disabled find my iPad and erased all content and setting before they sold it.

Why won't my newly bought used iPad mini let me download previously bought music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.