Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage is blocking incoming messages

Original problem - messages sending from my Apple ID. For some reason, I could not see incoming messages, even from iPhone users. Then, for some reason, one of my Android contacts suddenly switched to an iMessage conversation. They could see my messages (from my Apple ID). I took the Apple ID email address of of send/recieve so that it is just my number

New Problem - My android contact now remains blue as if they have iMessage. I turned off iMessage and it fixed it but then I could not recieve incoming texts from iPhone users. If I turn iMessage back on, the Android contact is back to blue (iMessage) and I cannot recieve their texts again.

Is there a way to switch this Android contact back to SMS only and keep iMessage on? This has only been a problem since upgrading to iPhone 5s with iOS7.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 9:38 AM

There are no replies.

iMessage is blocking incoming messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.