Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2013 Audio Drivers

I have a new Macbook Air, on which I have installed Windows 8.1. Everything works fine, except for the audio, which is rather soft in volume. The volume is noticeably louder if I boot up into OSX instead, which leads me to believe it is a Windows driver issue.

Is anything else having this issue? What drivers should I be seeing in device manager? Can someone who doesn't have this problem perhaps tell me what their drivers look like?

Right now, under "Sound, video and game controllers" I have "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB114)" and "Intel(R) Display Audio", then under "System devices" I have two "High Definition Audio Controller" entries.

For the Cirrus Logic entry, the driver is listed as being provided by Cirrus Logic, Inc, the driver date is 4/25/2013, and the version is 6.6001.3.9.

For the Intel entry, the driver is listed as being provided by Intel(R) Corporation, the driver date is 1/11/2013, and the version is 6.16.0.3106.

The both of the HD Audio Controller drivers are provided by Microsoft, the driver date is 8/22/2013, and the version is 6.3.9600.16384.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), Windows 8

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 10:02 AM

1 reply

Macbook Air 2013 Audio Drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.