Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my Friends suddenly only shows emails not names.

Hi all.

I have a strange issue with Find my Friends.

Suddenly, from one day to another without any settings or anything changes,

my friend list in Find My Friends on my iPhone changed from showing my friends names

and pictures, to only showing their email and no personal picture.

I have checked that my friends emails are still in their contact info, and I have even tried removing

email from a contact and re-adding it.

I have also tried to remove a friend from the app, and re-adding them again.

I can simply not see what has happened, and how to fix it.

That's why I turn to you guys.

Oh and I can say that it didn't happen with the latest app update.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 1:25 PM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2013 11:28 AM in response to Bubbi

I am having the SAME issue. And it all started about 2 days ago as well.

At first I thought it was a iCloud/FMF issue, but now I'm not so sure.

I've tried all the same things with no luck.

For some reason it looked like my iCloud contact list was turned 'off' near the same time as well as I was trying to lookup a personal (non-Exchange) contact and realized they were not there. Then when my wife called it didn't have the custom ring assigned to her.

I get the feeling this is some funkiness between iCloud contact permissions, Facebook contact sync etc.

the only other app I've given permission to use contacts in the last week is Lync-2013, so not sure if that's a common thread here.

** Edit ** : And I just tried resetting my 'Location and Privacy' settings via General Settings>Reset>Location and Privacy and relaunched Find My Friends and I still have the same issue.

Message was edited by: ShutterPriority

Find my Friends suddenly only shows emails not names.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.