Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with timesheet, need formula for calculating hours

I am creating a timesheet and have a daily tracking of hours worked, and total hours.

I also have a breakdown for the total hours each day to regular hours, OT hours and double time hours.

For the regular hours calculation I am using this formula- =MIN(DUR2HOURS(H21),8)

For the OT I am using this formula- =MAX(DUR2HOURS(N21)-8, 0)

And for double time this- =MAX(DUR2HOURS(N21)-12, 0)

The OT formula is where I am running into the problem. I want hours over 8 to show here, but not to include the doubletime (after 12) hours. Is there a way to adjust this formula to do this?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks for the help!!!

MacBook

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 2:43 PM

pink,

This may work for you:

User uploaded file

I entered hours worked in column B, then computed regular hours in Column C, OT hours in column D, then Double Overtime hours in column E:

C2=MIN(B2, 8)

D2=MIN(B2−C2, 4)

E2=B2−C2−D2

select C2 thru E2 and fill down as needed by hovering the cursor over the bottom edge of the selection and draggin the yellow circle down as needed.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2013 2:43 PM in response to pinkwaves013

pink,

This may work for you:

User uploaded file

I entered hours worked in column B, then computed regular hours in Column C, OT hours in column D, then Double Overtime hours in column E:

C2=MIN(B2, 8)

D2=MIN(B2−C2, 4)

E2=B2−C2−D2

select C2 thru E2 and fill down as needed by hovering the cursor over the bottom edge of the selection and draggin the yellow circle down as needed.

Dec 9, 2013 3:20 PM in response to pinkwaves013

Pink,

You will save yourself troubl if you simply enter the duration you worked in the format "XXh YYm" like:

"4h 30m"

when you enter a time (or date) Numbers actually makes up the the portion of the Time/Date value you did not enter. So if you enter "9:00A", numbers actually stores "12/09/2013 9:00A" or what ever date you entered the time. This makes for a real mess later if you decide to change the time.

Maybe this will help:

User uploaded file

In column A enter the duration you worked.

B2=DUR2HOURS(A2)

fill down as before

Dec 9, 2013 3:46 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

User uploaded file

Does this help?

Each time the employee works hours during the day it is calculated, and then a total per day. All boxes are set to duration. The calculations at the bottom of each day for reg, ot and dot hours show as a regular number not xxhr xxmin, because in the formula i have dur2hours, otherwise it doesn't work properly.

If all boxes showed 1.25 for 1hr 15m, or 3.50 for 3 hr 30min, that is ok with me, I just don't know how to change all of that.

Thanks again for continued help!!!

Dec 9, 2013 6:28 PM in response to pinkwaves013

Pink,

Maybe this will work:

User uploaded file

C4=IF(AND(LEN(B6)>0,LEN(B7)>0),B7−B6, "")

select C4, copy, paste to C7, C10 and C13

C14=SUM(C4,C7,C10,C13)

C15=IFERROR(DUR2HOURS(C14), 0)

C17=MIN(C15, 8)

C18=MIN(C15−C17, 4)

C19=MIN(C15−C17−C18)

select C4 thru C19, copy, now paste into the corresponding locations for the rest of the days of the weeks (E4, G4, I4, K4, M4, O4)

Help with timesheet, need formula for calculating hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.