Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toshiba SSD and nVidia MCP79

I installed a 256GB Toshiba Q Series SSD in my MacBook late 2008 (with nVidia MCP79 chipset), but I only have 1.5 Gigabit (SATA-I) Negociate Link Speed instead of 3 Gigabit (SATA-II).

Is it normal ? Is someone in the same situation ?

Have I missed a firmware update from both Apple and Toshiba ?

( I use Mavericks and everything is up to date according to App Store software Updater)

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 1:26 PM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2013 8:58 AM in response to nxrpf

I am in the exact same situation. Purchased the Toshiba SSD when it was on sale and installed it in to my MacBook with MCP79 chipset and it runs at 1.5 gigabit link speed. This results in the SSD performing at about the speed of a fast platter based hard drive.

We need Toshiba to issue a firmware update to correct this issue. Calling their customer support line is useless. Everyone whom I've spoken with were clueless and knew little to nothing about computers. Emailing Toshiba resulted in no response.

Toshiba SSD and nVidia MCP79

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.