Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyone from ASC (moderators perhaps?) you can contact if harassed or insulted in the ASC forums?

After reading the ASC terms, it seems they are more for show than actually enforced. If you do a google search on any user who has been rude, you can easily find endless threads of the same tone which have been left as is. Can trolling/bullying be ignored and does it comply with terms?

In my own experience, it seems as though repeat offenders are free to carry on. If anyone is being bullied or harassed whilst using the ASC forums, is there a way to contact the appropriate people in charge of maintaining these terms?

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 2:39 PM

I have alerted the Hosts to your post.

9 replies

Dec 9, 2013 2:54 PM in response to Cristinaimad

You need to be a Level 2 user before you can directly report a post as being in violation of the terms of use. Until then, posting in these forums is your best avenue.

I can assure you that the Hosts do monitor the forums, but with thousands of posts to sift through they can't read all of them, so they depend on users notifying them of problems. They also have to make judgement calls as to when a post or thread crosses the line and should be removed. Given the language and culture differences with users here from every country in the world, what can seem rude or harassing to one person may just be low language skills or a difference in how things are phrased on the part of the writer. The Hosts do the best they can to balance between allowing abuse and censoring too much.

If there is a specific post or thread that you feel is indeed abusive, post the URL in this thread and we can, as Klaus said, direct the Hosts attention to that thread. They may also contact you via email as a result of your first post, though again with thousands of posts to have to deal with they may not have time.

Regards.

Dec 9, 2013 2:55 PM in response to Cristinaimad

when you reach level 2 you get a handy-dandy report this post link that you can use to alert the moderators of offending poster bowling etc.

i've seen my share of offending posts as well but for the most part it seems pretty tame if we go to look at YouTube comments this place is a paradise compared to them so the moderators have to be doing something

I wouldn't suggest putting usernames in here to call people out on things that you might find that violate the terms of use but if you do come across an offending post or if someone is bullying you post a link in here and one of us that have the level status can report the post the moderator for you

-mvimp

Dec 9, 2013 7:11 PM in response to Cristinaimad

The person you speak of suggested that you open your own thread to get full attention paid to the specific details of your issue. Same with another poster who insisted that opening his/her own thread was Apple's fault for giving that thread as a possible aid.

That poster you complain about does sometimes have a "brusque" approach, but did not maintain the battle with you when you stopped posting. And I agree that we are just volunteers who answer technical questions accompanied by facts about an individual's issues. Apple provides a feedback channel for your concerns if you do not want to post the details for us.

Dec 9, 2013 7:21 PM in response to steve359

I already received several helpful responses regarding contacting ASC hosts. It is an open question and at no point have I added details nor have I stated there was a formal accusation. I simply have a question whose answer may be useful in the future, not only for myself but for others. I appreciate the responses that arrived promptly and were to the point.

Is there anyone from ASC (moderators perhaps?) you can contact if harassed or insulted in the ASC forums?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.