Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple iPhone Names

I have two iPhones, my 5S which I use everyday and my old 4 that I just want to use for iTunes. Is there a way to change the name of each phone so as to distinguish them when syncing. Right now on my iTunes account they're both registered as "[my name]'s iPhone." I know I can change the name on the phone itself through Settings > General > About > Name. My concern is that when I go to sync them, iTunes will not recognize the new names. Thanks for any responses.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 10:00 AM

Hey FL-Medusa,

Thanks for the question. The following article may assist in achieving your goal:

iTunes and iOS: Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3965

Using your computer

1. Connect your device and open iTunes.

2. Click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first.) If you don't see your device, choose Hide Sidebar from the View menu.

User uploaded file

3. Next to the picture of your device, double-click the name of your device.

User uploaded file

4. Type the new name for your device and press Return on the keyboard.

5. Sync the device (press Sync in the bottom right corner of the screen).

Thanks,

Matt M.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2013 10:00 AM in response to FL-Medusa

Hey FL-Medusa,

Thanks for the question. The following article may assist in achieving your goal:

iTunes and iOS: Change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3965

Using your computer

1. Connect your device and open iTunes.

2. Click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first.) If you don't see your device, choose Hide Sidebar from the View menu.

User uploaded file

3. Next to the picture of your device, double-click the name of your device.

User uploaded file

4. Type the new name for your device and press Return on the keyboard.

5. Sync the device (press Sync in the bottom right corner of the screen).

Thanks,

Matt M.

Multiple iPhone Names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.