Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activate ipad

hi guys and girls, I would like to ask a few simple questions regarding an IPad Mini I want to buy on EBay.

the thing is like this: the ipad mini is currently Locked with the next message : "This ipad is currently linked to an apple ID, sign in with the apple ID that was used to set up this ipad "

the auction its for "parts or not working", obviously the ipad its "working", what I want to know is if I can "unlock-unlink" the ipad on the current state to a working ipad if I put the ipad on recovery mode and then do a full reset-resintall?

the ipad its from a whole reseller of used second hand ipads, but its a good price as it is the ipad right now on eBay

so do you think I can get the ipad working again doing the recovery reinstall procedure ?

thanks in advanced, any help appreciated.

iPad, iOS 7, ipad is currently linked to appl ID

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 4:18 PM

With iOS 7, Find My iPhone includes a new feature called Activation Lock, which makes it difficult for anyone to use or sell stolen iPad.

With Activation Lock, the Apple ID and password of original owner is required to:

1. Turn off Find My iPhone on device

2. Erase device

3. Reactivate and use device

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5818

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2013 4:18 PM in response to jesesystem

With iOS 7, Find My iPhone includes a new feature called Activation Lock, which makes it difficult for anyone to use or sell stolen iPad.

With Activation Lock, the Apple ID and password of original owner is required to:

1. Turn off Find My iPhone on device

2. Erase device

3. Reactivate and use device

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5818

activate ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.