Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Better alternative to Automator?

The first reason why I use OSX is because "it just works", unlike the Windows crap that never works as intended as soon as you start it.

Except for Automator it doesn't. I've been wanting to create workflows for sometimes in order to optimize my computer use.

The first, very simple thing that I tried, is moving file downloaded in the "Download" folder, in other sub-folders according to their extension. I tried with torrent, following basic tutorials which indeed should work and...it doesn't.

What better, simplier, smarter alternatives is there to Automator to create workflows ?

<Edited by Host>

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 4:47 PM

3 replies

Dec 9, 2013 4:59 PM in response to CMCSK

AppleScript simplier? No I'm searching for something the otherway around: a simple and logical interface which works as it should to create a simple workflow.

To do as intended I created Folder Action (receives files and folder) > Filter Finder Items (All with extension ".torrent" > Move Finder Items

I tried adding different event, Set Variable, Get Folder Contents, but I get an error with Move Finder Items, and when I choose simply "Copy Finder Items" I still have yellow warning, and it simply NEVER actually work in the file when I add .torrent

Better alternative to Automator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.