Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4th gen iPod touch support (iOS 7)-- Evernote

Is there any reason why apple has iOS 7 only for the latest gen iPod touches. I am very disappointed with this level of customer support.

They should offer apps for older ios' on the app store too. I recently discovered Evernote and wanted to install it on my iPod touch and because Evernote was redidesigned for iOS 7 there is now no way to get installed on my device.

For a device that is only 1 generation behind I wouldn't expect it to become obsolete so quickly, at least with respect to Evernote.

I will probably migrate to Android mobile devices over time. I already have a nexus 7 which works well.

Adios Apple

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 4:55 PM

2 replies

Dec 10, 2013 3:05 AM in response to davemart10

As Apple said in June, iOS 7 is not compatible with the 4G iPod.

All the iOS devices compatible (iPhone 4 and later, iPad 2 and later, and 5G iPod touch) with iOS 7 have at least 512 MB of memory (RAM). The 4G iPod only has 256 MB

Android devices are really no better since as the hardware improves, the older devices can't get the latest Android versions.

4th gen iPod touch support (iOS 7)-- Evernote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.