Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just purchased QT Pro, but will not accept registration number, help....

Just purchased QT Pro licence, but my 10.9 OS will not accept registration number, help....

QuickTime Pro-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 4:23 PM

8 replies

Dec 9, 2013 6:12 PM in response to BrummyItie

Yes I've copied and tabbed, but nothing at all happens other than the tab highlighting first the Name then Organisation and then Reg code sequentially....

So you are not getting the word "PRO" superimposed over the QT 7 icon nor the phrase "QuickTime 7 Pro" beneath the Registration code: entry box but you are also not getting a message stating the key is invalid? If true, it sounds like there is either a problem with the QT OS v10.9 installation, the QT 7 v7.6.6 player app installation, or the file to which the key information is supposed to be stored is not being re-written/updated since the key appears to be neither recognized nor invalidated.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Dec 10, 2013 1:02 AM in response to Jon Walker

Seems I have a bit of an oddity here....

When I open the QT player menu I get this

User uploaded file

Then I click Registration, and get this

User uploaded file

So far so good... but nothing happens from here on regardless of the tab key.

This is the apple reg code

User uploaded file

When I go back to QT player, the Pro version is nowhere to be seen.

Any value in uninstalling QT and reinstalling it?

Thanks for yopur help by the way. much appreciated.

Dec 10, 2013 4:50 AM in response to BrummyItie

When I go back to QT player, the Pro version is nowhere to be seen.

The only difference you should see is:

1) The "About..." window should contain the "QT 7 Pro" icon as seen below...

User uploaded file

and

2) Some additional menu options may be available. However, since the QT 7 Pro app is context adaptive, you must load a file into a player window before these options become available. For instance, without a video loaded, my "Window" menu looks like this:

User uploaded file

You will note that the "Show Movie Properties" window is unavailable because no file is loaded and, therefore, there are no file properties to be displayed. The same is true for the editing features if no video has been loaded to the app which can be edited. But, if I load a video, then this is what I see:

User uploaded file

In addition, even with a file loaded, some options of functions may not be available if they do not apply to the particular file that is loaded. For instance, you can't set frame level "in" and "out" points for a muxed MPEG-2 long-GOP file because QT 7 knows the difference between frame-level files (which can be edited by QT 7 correctly) and long-GOP files (which it cannot edit correctly). Basically, QT 7 Pro can tell the difference between playback-compatible, conversion-compatible, and edit-/fully-compatible files when it opens them and will only turn on/allow you to access those features and options that can be used with the type of file you have loaded into the player.

So now the question becomes one of whether or not the app is actually keyed for "pro" use and you were expecting visual changes to the look of the QT 7 "Pro" app which do not, in fact, exist, or if you simply did not understand the context adaptive nature of the app and how it works.

User uploaded file

Dec 10, 2013 12:30 PM in response to Jon Walker

Thanks for all that info Jon, it's all very helpful.....

But something strange is happening to my system... after your last post I reopened QT and surprise surprise was greeted by QT Pro. Immediately opened the file menu and there was the option I was looking for (working with sequences). Suddenly I was a happy man. Went back to it a couple of hours later.... QT Pro has disappeared and so has QT 7. In it's place is a simple non upgradeable QT Player.

I've no idea what's going on.... any thoughts?

Just purchased QT Pro, but will not accept registration number, help....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.