Welcome to the Support Communities!
The article below may be able to help you with this.
Click on the link to see more details and screenshots.
Troubleshooting Touch ID
- Verify that you are using the latest version of iOS.
- Ensure that your fingers and the Home button are clean and dry.*
Note: Cover the Home button completely. Don't tap too quickly, don't press down hard, and don't move your finger while Touch ID is scanning.
- Tap Settings > General > Touch ID & Passcode > Touch ID and verify that:
- iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is enabled.
- One or more fingerprints have been enrolled.
- If one finger isn't working, tap Edit in Settings > General > Touch ID & Passcode > Touch ID > Edit to delete and then reenroll the finger.
- If that finger still isn't working, try enrolling a different finger.
- If you are unable to enroll any of your fingers, take your iPhone 5s to an Apple Retail Store, Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact AppleCare for further assistance.
* Moisture, lotions, sweat, oils, cuts, or dry skin may affect fingerprint recognition. Certain activities can also temporarily affect fingerprint recognition, including exercising, showering, swimming, cooking, or other conditions or changes that affect your fingerprint.
I hope this information helps ....