Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create an empty folder in iPhoto?

Hello people,

I urgently try to create a photo book via iPhoto. The problem I have is, that it's seems not to be possible to create a new folder without iPhoto putting some photos in it directly after creating. I tried that twice - but every time I want to create an new folder, iPhoto puts (a) photo(s) into it. Now, when I delete those photos from the new folder, they are also deleted in the original folder ... that's very uncool ;-)

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Stefan :-)

iPhoto '11, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 12:43 AM

8 replies

Dec 10, 2013 5:46 AM in response to Stefan3

Reread you post - it makes no sense - try again

As as to albums - there is no "copy" of a photo in an album

iPhoto is a SQLite database program - all photos are in the library and you can view thme in many ways

No matter how you view them you are looking at the photo in the library - putting a photo in an abum does not copy it - it links to the library - deleting it from th ealbum does just that - it delets the link - it does nothing to the photo in the library nor does it change any other view of the photo

LN

How to create an empty folder in iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.