Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alternative way to backup Microsoft outlook in MacBook Pro

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 2010 model with OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion.My MacBook restarting time to time and need to backup my old outlook mails{ I cannot export(Outlook for Mac Data FIle (.olm))mail backup because of it's restarting}.

A quick backup method, I already dragged the folder "Microsoft User Data" from "Documents" folder to an external drive.

Is it("Microsoft User Data") possible or enough to restore my outlook mail once I repair my MacBook.?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 3:06 AM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2014 1:35 AM in response to dhitdoha

In MacBook pro, you firstly find the backup file location in harddrive. Generally, it is found at the location mentioned below:

/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records

After finding data record, make a backup copy in external device. Now you can start repairing your MacBook Pro. After repair, you can use backed up data for Outlook mail again.

Alternative way to backup Microsoft outlook in MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.