Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I backup my game apps. And upload to a new Ipad will the progess I have made in the games be uploaded, or will i have to start games over

Good morning. My son's Ipad needs to be replaced the man at the store said that I should go download everything we have on the ipad. My son is very concerned that his progress in games like Skylanders and JetPack, including upgrades and completed missions will be lost. Is that true? Will we have to start over?

Thankyou

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 7:43 AM

Apps from the iTunes store are always available for re-download for free. The progress for these games is part of the backup file for the iPad, so connect the iPad to your computer and perform a backup (which should happen each time you sync, or if you backup to iCloud you can force a local backup to the computer from iTunes). If you normally backup to iCloud, that's fine too. When he gets the new iPad, select the backup done on the current iPad and then let all the apps load up onto the new iPad (the backup directs iTunes on what to install). Be sure to select the prior backup, otherwise he'll be starting from scratch.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2013 7:43 AM in response to raidergirl913

Apps from the iTunes store are always available for re-download for free. The progress for these games is part of the backup file for the iPad, so connect the iPad to your computer and perform a backup (which should happen each time you sync, or if you backup to iCloud you can force a local backup to the computer from iTunes). If you normally backup to iCloud, that's fine too. When he gets the new iPad, select the backup done on the current iPad and then let all the apps load up onto the new iPad (the backup directs iTunes on what to install). Be sure to select the prior backup, otherwise he'll be starting from scratch.

Dec 10, 2013 8:27 AM in response to raidergirl913

When you activate a new iPad, you will be prompted to join a Wi-Fi network so make sure one is available, then you're prompted for the Apple ID used for iCloud, so make sure you have the correct one ready to enter. The new iPad will then load the backup file from iCloud and start loading all the Apps that were on the old iPad. It will be a slower process to load Apps via Wi-Fi than iTunes but it will work fine.

Good luck! (and Go Niners! ;-)

If I backup my game apps. And upload to a new Ipad will the progess I have made in the games be uploaded, or will i have to start games over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.