Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto in Mavericks not responding

iPhoto was doing fine until today. It launches but when I try to do anything with Slideshows it freezes and will not respond. I force quit and relaunch but the same thing happens. Can I re-install iPhoto without losing my thousands of photos and/or slideshows? Can iPhoto max out on space? Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 8:31 AM

3 replies

Dec 10, 2013 8:40 AM in response to lawgirl3

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 9 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Include things like:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For example, if you have a problem with exporting, then explain by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted? - Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

Yes, iPhoto can max out on sapce. It's limited to 1,000,000 items 😉

Dec 10, 2013 8:55 AM in response to Yer_Man

- iPhoto 11, version 9.5

- OS X, version 10.9

- One slideshow, that I've been creating for over two weeks, is freezing the entire app. When I try to open or drag or add pictures to it I get the color wheel. I can't force quit from the iPhoto screen -- I get the color wheel when I scroll over the applie (upper left corner). I have to force quit from Firefox, mail, or any other app I have open. I don't want to lose this slideshow!!

-Just started this morning. Nothing installed or deleted, no error messages.

- Have only quit and re-launched

- Nothing unusual. Only use iPhoto to store photos and create slideshows. I back up the photos in my Dropbox.

Nothing else I can think of!

iPhoto in Mavericks not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.