Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-registering iWork

I brought my own copy of iWork '06 to my office to see if it would suit a job here. It turns out it does, so I've bought another copy of iWork for the office machine. Now I'd like to have the new registration code on the office machine, not my personal one. I uninstalled iWork and reinstalled but I didn't get an opportunity to input a new registration code. How do I do this?

Thanks much.
Mick

PowerMac G5 1.8 Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Jul 18, 2006 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2006 8:08 AM

Okay. Here is what you do. Type "iWork" into spotlight. Then look in the documents column. Delete all the files that end in .plist

You should delete these (4) files
com.apple.iWork06.plist
com.apple.iWork.00145115fdb4.plist
com.apple.iWork.Keynote.plist
com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist

Then open iWork. You will have to then put in a new registration code. I have had to do this on my machines.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2006 8:08 AM in response to MickMc

Okay. Here is what you do. Type "iWork" into spotlight. Then look in the documents column. Delete all the files that end in .plist

You should delete these (4) files
com.apple.iWork06.plist
com.apple.iWork.00145115fdb4.plist
com.apple.iWork.Keynote.plist
com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist

Then open iWork. You will have to then put in a new registration code. I have had to do this on my machines.

Jul 18, 2006 8:47 AM in response to MickMc

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm running 10.3.9 on the PowerMac, so I don't have Spotlight, but doing a quick search I've found 3 of the files (Keynot.plist, Pages.plist, and iWork06.plist) but not the fourth. I have, however, found this file:

com.apple.iWork.000d933fcde8.plist (parent is 'ByHost' when viewed in Finder)

Might this be the appropriate file anyway? It looks like one of those files that may have different names depending on the installation.

I'd rather not delete it if it's the wrong thing!

Thanks.
Mick

Re-registering iWork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.