Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i find an old apple id

is there any way to find out what my old apple id user name was? i was looking through my old ipod video and looked at all the songs that i purchased and i want them on my labtop. the problem is that i have an iphone and a new apple id user name and can not remember what my old one was. there has to be a way to be able to get thoughs songs. i did buy them, long time ago, but songs do not expire.

apple id

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 11:01 AM

1 reply

Dec 10, 2013 1:35 PM in response to jdnorm92

Perhaps you have an old email confirmation for the purchase of those songs? That would have your Apple ID.

Do any of your old purchased songs exist in your current iTunes library? If you can find one such song, do a Get Info (right click Get Info) on the song in iTunes. On the Info window's Summary screen, it shows the Apple ID used to purchase that song.

If that's not possible, you can use a third-party method or utility to transfer all song from your iPod to your computer's drive. Do an Internet search on something like "ipod transfer" to get some links. (The CNET article seems to be popular.)

Once the songs are on you computer's hard drive, you can add them to your iTunes library. If your old purchases from the iTunes Store were from the early days of the iTunes Store, the songs may have DRM (copy protection). You will not be able to play or sync those older DRM'd songs unless you authorize your computer for the Apple ID used to make the purchase. Now that the song is in your iTunes library, you can do a Get Info on the song to find the Apple ID used to make the purchase (as mentioned earlier). The command to authorize your computer for that Apple ID is under Store in the menu bar.

NOTE: More recent iTunes Store song purchases do not use DRM.

how do i find an old apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.