Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having music from two IDs

My original account was shared with my family, and I purchased a lot of music on it, and I had it all on my phone. I decided to make my own account, but when i sign into my new one, it says that the music from my original account cannot be displayed in the new one. I started buying from my new account only on my phone because I'm afraid syncing to my iTunes on my computer will delete all the old music on my phone and I won't have both accounts' music anymore. What should I do to have all my music in one place on my computer?

Thanks!

iTunes-OTHER, Music from iTunes and iPhone

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 1:03 PM

1 reply

Dec 10, 2013 1:16 PM in response to alilanteigne

Your iTunes library can hold and be authorized for protected media and apps from multiple accounts. iPod & iOS devices are limited to holding protected content from up to five accounts. They can only automatically download or update (in the case of apps) from one account at any given time. Most music is not protected so should not be an issue. If, however, you have created a new library to use with your new account that may have introduced a problem. When iTunes detects that a different library is in use is will normally want to wipe the current data on the device and reload from the local library. Make a clone of the original library and add in your new content or see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device if needed.

tt2

Having music from two IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.