Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using camera to send a photo crashes third-party apps

Hello,

Since iOS7 has been released I am having problems while sending pictures that I take within third-party apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or Trillian.

Whenever I want to take a photo and send it to somebody the app crashes about a second after hitting the shutter button. It sends me back to the home screen and the photo is not saved to the camera roll. When I try it again the same thing happens.

So to send a photo I have to take it with the native camera app and then send it from the camera roll inside the third-party app. At first I thought it was a problem with iOS6 apps, but after most apps have been updated for iOS7 and the problem still persists I am sure it has to be a problem with iOS itself.

I have to say that sometimes it works just fine, so it appears to be quite random. But when the problem occurs I can only fix it by restarting my phone.

I tried restoring my iPhone 4S to factory defaults and it didn't change anything. I am running the latest version of iOS7.

It is really really annoying, so what can I do about it?

Kind Regards

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 2:03 PM

3 replies

Using camera to send a photo crashes third-party apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.