Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes scam email received!

So I got an email:

"Update your account.

Dear Member,

This is an automatic message sent by our security system to let you know that you have 48 hours to confirm your account information. Your itunes account has been frozen because we are unable to validate your account information. Once you have updated your account records, we will try again to validate your information and your account suspension will be lifted. Please complete the following steps to regain access to your account. This process does not take more than 3 minutes.

To proceed to confirm your account details please click on the link below and follow the instructions :

Click Here To Validate Your Account

Confirm that you are the account holder, then follow the instructions."

Just warning people that this is a SCAM. Don't do this!

Pass this on, keep Christmas a happy one!

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 2:08 PM

Report it to reportphishing@apple.com also! Make them aware and shut this thing down.

2 replies

Mar 5, 2014 3:00 PM in response to dansmith95

This is the email I received in my inbox this morning on my desktop. 100% sure this is a scam, so I just deleted it. Apple would neve request account verification via email.

Hello Apple Member,

This is an automatic message by the system to let you know that you have to confirm your account information within 48 hours..

Your account has been frozen temporarily in order to protect it.

Failure to update your records will result in account termination.

The account will continue to be frozen until it is approved And Validate Your Account Information.

Once you have updated your account records, your account will start to work as normal once again.

Click on the reference link below and enter your information on the following page to confirm your account.

http://www.apple.com/AU/support/customers/

Itunes scam email received!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.