Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restricting others from using my apple id

How can I delete an old apple ID that others in my family use to purchase apps, etc. New austerity program, everyone pays for their own stuff! Cannot see where to permanently delete Apple ID.

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 2:28 PM

4 replies

Dec 10, 2013 2:43 PM in response to varjak paw

Thank you for your quick reply...but there is another even more significant problem; that is, everyone logged in to the same Apple ID receives each other's text messages...so when sharing an apple Id for purchases, you also unvoluntarily share information. How can that be stopped? Spoke with Support, they advised to delete on the Store page...but then I lose contacts, etc. associated with that Apple ID. Confusing. Sorry...

Dec 10, 2013 2:47 PM in response to Daniel Helou

Get each person set up with their own Apple ID for future purchases and for use with Facetime, iMessages, etc. and change the settings on each person's device as appropriate. But again, you will need to keep your existing Apple ID for updating apps and redownloading any content you've already purchased.

If you have contacts etc. in iCloud, you will need to move them out of there to a local address book, then if you wish to continue to use iCloud, move them back to iCloud under your new Apple ID.

Regards.

restricting others from using my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.