Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 9,2 Display Green

One of my users from the UK has a MacBook Pro 9,2 13". He had been complaining that the screen would display green when using a video app like FaceTime or Skype or even just viewing a YouTube video. He said would start at the left side of the screen and progressively get worse. I worked on it this morning and could not get it to fail. I first ran Permissions Repair and FSCK -FY and ran some streaming video but it did not display the green. After returning the machine to him about a half hour later he returned and showed it to me an sure enough green pixels where it should be a different color and it was not consistent in the pixels that showed the green. I have never seen this behavior before, any help would be

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 4GB RAM, 500GB hard disk

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 3:55 PM

Sounds like the GPU is failing. Did you run a AHT (Diagnostic) ?

8 replies

Dec 10, 2013 4:06 PM in response to Lance_Vital

To run the AHT on your model at startup hold down the Option + d keys and keep them held down until you see a globe on the screen. It will say "Starting Internet Recovery" but the Apple hardware test will come up. If you are connecting to your internet router by Wifi only you will need the WiFi password. So either have that handy or connect your Mac to your router with an Ethernet cable, that is if your Mac has an Ethernet port. Most of the newer systems, Retina models, don't have that port.

MacBook Pro 9,2 Display Green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.