Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer has been acting a bit odd recently, so I did a “repair permissions” check. I came up with a dialog saying "Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” will not be repaired. What is ..

My computer has been acting a bit odd recently, so I did a “repair permissions” check. I came up with a dialog saying "Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

What is this and should I be concerned about someone spying or worse? ( the term Remote management does not make me feel very secure)

Thanks,

Bill

iMac

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 4:24 PM

It means that the current software is installed. It's not a problem.

(94453)

3 replies

Dec 11, 2013 1:17 PM in response to Horndoctor

Hi,

ARD = Apple Remote Desktop.

Each Mac gets the Client end and you can purchase the controlling app if you like.

The Apple Remote Desktop Engine is also used by the Screen Sharing part of Messages (AIM and Jabber accounts), the Screen Sharing option in System Preferences > Sharing (which can also be seen on Windows connecting to Network "Servers")

User uploaded file

User uploaded file
9:17 pm Wednesday; December 11, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

My computer has been acting a bit odd recently, so I did a “repair permissions” check. I came up with a dialog saying "Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” will not be repaired. What is ..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.