Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do videos show up in photos and why can't i export them from iPhoto for iOS

Somehow, I just don't get it:

If I take a picture on my iPhone 5s, it is saved to 'Pictues' ... sound reasonable.

If I take a video on the same device, it is saved to 'Pictures' ... that's where it gets messy.

If I receive a video on an app like e.g. WhatsApp ... it also get's stored in ... guess what ... 'Pictures'!

Now that's a little bit confusing.

Generally I would like to keep these different types of media (still pictures vs. moving images) in separate spaces, but it seems like that is not possible out of the box, because if go ahead and tab on that share-button in iOS 7 i get prompted to share the videos to various installed apps like e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter - you name it.

It seems like there is no way to export videos from 'Pictures' to 'Videos', even if you use iPhoto for iOS in the gap.

The only ways (that I found) to get what I want are way to circumstantial:

Either use iPhoto for the Mac to import videos from the iCloud Photostream to the Mac and from there via "Show in Finder" re-import to iTunes' 'Videos'

or use iExplorer (a third party application for the Mac) and export the videos from the iPhone to a temp-folder and from there re-import with iTunes to 'Videos'.

Why isn't there just a simple share-sheet or export label called 'Export to Videos'.

Why doesn't it just work?

Am I missing out on something?

Is there an easier way to complete this relatively simple task?

Hints and support are very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Chris

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4, Macbook Pro Retina / Maverics

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 5:17 PM

There are no replies.

Why do videos show up in photos and why can't i export them from iPhoto for iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.