Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes download error, tap to retry

I purchased some songs from iTunes, and all except 3 downloaded just fine. 3 songs keep coming up "Download error, tap to retry". I have tried numerous times to retry the download, but keep getting the error message. I cannot select and delete the downloads, either. Subsequent downloads are working fine. How can I get rid of these 3 downloads?

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 5:29 PM

6 replies

Dec 10, 2013 6:10 PM in response to walleyedmike

Try closing the iTunes app, and then reboot the iPad and see if the songs will finish downloading. Or see if you can delete the downloads by swiping across the blur progress bar. Your profile shows that you are still running iOS 6. So these are instructions for closing apps in iOS 6.

Tap the home button once. Then tap the home button twice and the recents tray will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button twice.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Jan 5, 2014 2:56 AM in response to walleyedmike

Hi,

I have the same issue. Downloaded 6 songs from the free 12 days of Christmas gift app - and even tho they have downloaded - I still have 1 download tap to retry error.

I have tried everything to delete this failed download.

Has anyone got any more ideas – I have searched the net and done watch has resolved other peoples issues but to no available.

I am on IO7 .0.4,

Thanks

Aug 3, 2014 12:40 PM in response to storms54

I can't confirm the 12 days part, but what I did find out is that the 3 songs I got did not appear as purchased items on my Apple ID I used for purchased, almost as if that connection was lost whenever I got the files (even if free from an iTunes promotion). The media files were on my OS X iTunes and I could transfer them to the phone, but I strongly believe because they are not attached to my Apple ID, and the download was interrupted somehow on the phone, that they appear as "not able to download".

I would guess if Apple added these 3 songs to my purchased list it would go away - but I do not know if they could even do that without probably knowing some ID that would like it to the exact song to add.

I tried a "reset all network settings" as the last resort before hanging up with an Apple tech (who was also not sure on how to solve). This did not work. Since this is not hampering my use of the phone, I will solve it some other day, perhaps when I next visit an Apple store and show them, maybe they would be interested in this scenario.

For now, I think I would have to factory reset the whole phone to get rid of them.

ITunes download error, tap to retry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.