Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I drag songs to a playlist in iTunes 11?

In older versions of iTunes I used to be able to drag songs from the library to the itunes. Now at the top of the screen I have options for Songs, Albums, Artists, Playlists, Radio, and Match When I'm in Songs I can't see playlists to drag and drop files into them.

Also, before i used to be able to double-click a Playlist and it would pop open in a new window. Are these features disabled now?

I know I can add songs to playlists by right-clicking going to to Add to Playlist, however, this feature is beyond tedious when dealing with 600+ playlists.

Perhaps there's a shortcut that will show the playlists in the left side of the screen like before without having to leave the library?

Thanks in advance.

OS X Mavericks (10.9), iTunes 11.1.3

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 8:46 PM

boxguy12 wrote:

In older versions of iTunes I used to be able to drag songs from the library to the itunes.

Isn't iTunes your library?

In older versions of iTunes I used to be able to drag songs from the library to the itunes. Now at the top of the screen I have options for Songs, Albums, Artists, Playlists, Radio, and Match When I'm in Songs I can't see playlists to drag and drop files into them.

iTunes menu View > Show Sidebar.

Or simply drag the songs to the right and the list pf playlists will come up.

Also, before i used to be able to double-click a Playlist and it would pop open in a new window. Are these features disabled now?

Since iTunes 11, over a year ago, yes.

You cannot open playlists in a new window.

I know I can add songs to playlists by right-clicking going to to Add to Playlist, however, this feature is beyond tedious when dealing with 600+ playlists.

600+ playlists is tedious. Why so many?

Perhaps there's a shortcut that will show the playlists in the left side of the screen like before

iTunes menu View > Sho wSidebar (or Option Command S) .

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2013 8:46 PM in response to boxguy12

boxguy12 wrote:

In older versions of iTunes I used to be able to drag songs from the library to the itunes.

Isn't iTunes your library?

iTunes menu View > Show Sidebar.

Or simply drag the songs to the right and the list pf playlists will come up.

Since iTunes 11, over a year ago, yes.

You cannot open playlists in a new window.

600+ playlists is tedious. Why so many?

Perhaps there's a shortcut that will show the playlists in the left side of the screen like before

iTunes menu View > Sho wSidebar (or Option Command S) .

How do I drag songs to a playlist in iTunes 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.