Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why some new mail automatically moved to Archives folder?

Every once in a while I get a new message that is immediately put into my 'Archive' folder in Mail (sent to my gmail account).

It is still unread, and in my Inbox as well. So it shows as another mail to the count next to the Inbox Mailbox and the Archive Mailbox.

The same sender sends me many messages, most of which don't seem to be handled this way.

Just wondering if I've left a filter on somewhere....

Somewhat similarly, I will get other emails that get filtered right into the 'Important' folders within Mail for my gmail accounts as well. It's like something is proactively deciding what should be archived and what is important. It's not getting them right. (but at least seems to be getting the 'Junk' correct!)

Any advice would be great, thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 7:51 AM

Archive messages - Gmail Help

2 replies

Dec 11, 2013 8:36 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for the link.

I didn't realize by default that gmail is be turned on to predict what is important, so I think I've turned that off - thanks for link on that one.

Unfortunately I don't seem to see an explanation of why emails might be auto-filtered into Archives. It must be another gmail setting I'm missing, so I'll keep searching...thank you!

Why some new mail automatically moved to Archives folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.