Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't see "slider" to scroll images in Split View?

Ok, this is going to be an embarrassingly simple question...

When in the 'Split View' in earlier versions of Aperture (I am now on 3.5.1), I would like to be able to grab the "slider" (I don't know what it's actual name is..) that I would think appears below the images at the bottom of the screen, and then drag it left/right to move through pictures quickly. (just like the slider that appears in a browser window on the right edge that I can use to scroll up, down on a web page).

Right now to scroll through pictures I have to either

1. Roll mouse button over and over again when the cursor is in the bottom view area (with the little pictures), or

2. Click on an image, and then arrow right/left to move

For some reason when i am moving the mouse button over and over the slider will sometimes appear. When I try to "grab" it and use the slider to move and scroll left/right through images, it goes away. Most apps when I scroll a direction, the slider will appear and I can grab it and scroll with it.

One time I was able to grab it and use it to move through pictures. Once I went to another view and back it was gone.
And at other times I can't see the slider at all.

What on earth am I doing wrong??

Yikes

Thanks-

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 11:19 PM

Check your System Preferences in the "General" tab:

Set "Show Scroll Bars" to "Always". if you are using MacOS X 10.7 or later.

User uploaded file

3 replies

Dec 12, 2013 3:40 AM in response to aquestionortwo

You are welcome 🙂.

The missing sliders are of the new GUI "Features" that has been introduced with MacOS X Lion and stayed on.

And before you ask, there is no way to get the arrow heads back for the sliders. They are gone for good.

Here is a nice list by the great Pondini of what changed sinced Lion and Mt. Lion:

http://pondini.org/OSX/LionChanges.html

http://pondini.org/OSX/MLchanges.html

Why can't see "slider" to scroll images in Split View?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.