Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove old tags in maverick

Remove old tags in Maverick?

After finally installing OS X Mavericks I am now trying to remove all my old tags on files and folders that has been used in older versions of osx.

They are listed according to the new tag system (even if it is old tags) in a folder but when all files are activated I can't seem to remove or change the tag (retreived from the old OS X system).

What am I missing - (or is it Maverick that has missed something ...)?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 12:39 AM

10 replies

Dec 11, 2013 5:10 AM in response to red_menace

Unfortunately that does not solv my problem. I can not edit them individually - we're talking about approx. 2 - 300 labeled folders/files (in Maverick called tags). Let me give you an example of what I want to do:

I need to be able to list all my Red tags in file/folder creation order. Then be able to select all Red tags - except for the once that has been created under 2013 - and then remove the tag for all of these with a one or two clicks/commands.

The problem seems to be that Maverick does not allows me to multi-edit old Labels (=remove label from them). I can multi-add or -remove the new "Tags" but not the old "Labels" (that are shown as Tags) in the new OS X Mavericks ...

Dec 12, 2013 1:23 AM in response to Tony T1

Thx Tony

I've never used the Automator so I will have to look at your screendump and then try to figure out how to get the same settings as you have. Most of my commands are in Swedish so I'll have to look for the correct commands.

It will be interesting to try to figure out a feature never used before

The great thing about living is that we learn something new every day 🙂

remove old tags in maverick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.