Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to upgrade to iPhoto 9.5 version. is there a manual download somewhere?

Hi all

I have the 9.1.4 iphoto version that suddenly stopped working. Now when i click on the software update for the new iphoto 9.5 version it refuses to download. i get a message that tells me the following" these apps were assigned to another Apple ID, and they will be available in that ID's purchase list. If you dont have access to that Apple ID nd want to receive future updates, you will need to purchase the applications."

The message before that was that i need to log into the Apple ID i used to purchase this app. I did not purchase this app to begin with. It came pre-installed with my Mac Air. because i did not recall the password to this particular ID ( I assume its the ID they are talking about), I requested a password recall by inserting this old Apple ID. the password never came although it accepted the ID as valid. As for security questions, I probably wouldnt be able to answer it given that it was a long time back.

To summarise:

I did not purchase this Iphoto App version 9.1.4. It was preinstalled. I got 1 message that tells me i need to log in to the apple ID I used to purchase it when I got it pre-installed. this message was recently replaced by the newer message i directly quoted above" and now I have 75GB of photos in my iphoto library that I cannot access because it seems the OS X software I have is to advanced for this version of Iphoto. can anyone help?

iPhoto '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9), unable to upgrade to iPhoto 9.5

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 1:25 AM

Contact App Store support. There's a link on the right hand side of the App Store Window. They're the only ones who can sort out account issues.

1 reply

unable to upgrade to iPhoto 9.5 version. is there a manual download somewhere?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.