Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMessages are sending to multiple devices. Apple ID is not shared between the people receiving these iMessages, so why is it happening?

When i send iMessages to my friend, they send to her dad as well - even though I don't have his phone number or email. They do not share an Apple ID or an email address and are not connected through a home network.

The apple store genius bar told me that it is because of the settings on my friends phone - but they have checked the send/receive settings and it is set to only her phone number.

I asked why it is just my messages going through to her dad, and not messages from all of her contacts, and they told me it is because I am the only person to iMessage her, which simply isn't true, and when I told them this, they were unable to give me another explanation.

Does anyone else have an explaination for why this is happening? I can stop it by turning imessage off but this isn't exactly practical for me as I live somewhere where I rarely get signal, so imessage is my primary use of communication. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Many thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 4:41 AM

There are no replies.

My iMessages are sending to multiple devices. Apple ID is not shared between the people receiving these iMessages, so why is it happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.