Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air. Complications with importing CDs using an HP CD rewritable drive. HELP!!

I have reacently purchased an Macbook Air and am now in the process of uploading CDs into my new ITunes.

I am using an HP CD DVD rewritable drive that connects through a USB.

The issue comes usually around importing song 10 +. It isnt for every CD but more often than not.

For some reason it works smoothly from songs 1-10 but then comes to a hault and will then take forever (10-20mins) to download the reamining songs. Which, once the CD has completed its importing, they are listed in my ITunes but dont have any song duration at all. Its just blank where the song duration should be.

Also instead of the gentle "humm" of the drive it changes to like a stop/start clicking nosie (sounds similar to a scanner/photocopier) and doesnt sound healthy.

I have tried waiting and then reimporting the CD (wont let me select just those songs to import) Tired cancelling the import and ejecting then trying again. Also tired looking for scratches/marks or an unclean disk. Know that the drive works fine as its been proviously used to import CDs by my sister and she had no problems with it. i dont know what the problem is here!!

Its annoying having half the CD and not being able to download the rest. Plus i dont want to buy the CD from ITunes with already having 50+ CDs to download from at home .... COST!!

Please help!! i dont know what the issue is!!

Thanks Alot

Lauren

🙂

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 4:30 AM

1 reply

Macbook Air. Complications with importing CDs using an HP CD rewritable drive. HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.