Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to pop out the audio track editor?

Hi all.

I recently moved from Cubase 7 to Logic Pro X.

I have a multi-monitor setup.

I am stuck with the audio track editor window below the tracks. I can move all other windows (plugins, mixers,...) to my other monitors however the track editor looks like being fixed in that position.

I searched the support pages and went through the manual... nada..

What am I doing wrong' Am i missing somethin obvious?

thank you for the time spent in answring my question.

SPH

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 7:35 AM

Make sure you have an Audio Region selected:

User uploaded file

5 replies

Dec 11, 2013 9:25 AM in response to SwissProgHead

Ah, yes, I forget that this newfangled audio track editor thingy is an "extra" that indeed lacks the option of a separate window; I actually reported this shortly after LP X had been released and have since forgotten about it.

There is a workaround-"solution" to it: choose a screenset, if it's locked unlock it, then set up your arrange window as you like it (without track editor), then open a second arrange (cmd-1) in which you open the track editor, then resize everything but the track editor, so you are left with sort of a separate track editor window as in my pic, which you can then drag to a different monitor, then you can lock the screenset.

User uploaded file

How to pop out the audio track editor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.