Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMove not working for my GoPro...Why?

iMovie 11 is not downloading my files so I can make and share my movie off my GoPro 3 Black anymore... Does anyone know what is happening? It put's the files on iMove, I create the new movie, I go to share and click on Youtub and it doesn't recognize the camera and won't save the files when I go to download. It's not downloading anymore this was working two weeks ago and I have created over 130 movies on iMove...??? Is there a fix for this problem?

Thank you anyone for your help!

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 7:24 AM

5 replies

Dec 11, 2013 8:44 AM in response to Matthew Morgan

Hi Matthew,

That confuses me because I've already downloaded 130 movies on iMovie by plugging in my GoPro to my iMac...Something has changed...Right? Because normally i'd just do what I've always done...Plug in my GoPro and make my movie...?

I'd love to go back to iMove 9 but why would that be any different then 10 as I've already made 5 or more movies on version 10?

Thanks for your help, Chris

Dec 11, 2013 10:39 AM in response to ChrisGoPro

ChrisGoPro wrote:

Something has changed...Right?

iMovie 10 is a significant rewrite from the previous version. Among other things, 64-bit compatibility was added as well as other "under the hood" changes. There are also many user interface changes and some features were changed or dropped altogether.

I can't confirm that the problem you're having is because of those changes as I haven't tried it, but it's entirely possible.

If you had a workflow that was working for you in version 9, it might be easiest just to stick with it for the time being or to give SD card import a try.

Matt

iMove not working for my GoPro...Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.