Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 only turns on when plugged to wall outlet

My ipad 2 for work has spoilt. It only turns on when plugged to wall outlet, not even on PC USB. After it turns on, it will restart once passcode is entered. Battery shown is 100% so i doubt is the battery being discharged for extended periods of time.

I tried to restore it in iTunes after putting it into DFU mode, but it is stuck at "Waiting for iPad", then gives out a error 4003.

Urgently need help, this iPad 2 and its data is very important for my livehood. I can't afford to replace it with a new one due to my dire financial situation I'm facing. Thank you for your help.

iPad 2

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 7:45 AM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2013 7:49 AM in response to kyfireice

It sounds to me like the battery has issues. I'd make an appointment at your local apple store and have them check it out.

You can try to reset it. With it plugged in hold down the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds until it reboots. You could also try going into the settings and 'reset all settings' (NOT all content and settings, just the settings)

But usually not holding a charge means it's the battery.

Dec 11, 2013 7:57 AM in response to kyfireice

Did you check your security software settings on your computer when you tried to update the iPad?

Error 4000, 4005, 4013, 4014, and 4016

After you perform each step, try to restore your device.

1. Restart your computer.
  2. Disconnect all your USB devices from your computer and connect to another USB port.
  3. Use a different USB cable.
  4. Uninstall third-party security software.
  5. Try restoring using an alternate computer.

copied from iTunes: Specific update-and-restore error messages and advanced troubleshooting

Ipad 2 only turns on when plugged to wall outlet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.