Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove hundred of photos and videos from my new iPad mini, that were downloaded via my iMac from an earlier iPad2 backup?

When restoring my old iPad2 (32G) via itunes on my iMac, thousands of pictures/videos from the last 2 years were downloaded along with apps and mail. The new mini is the 16G version and I am eating up memory with all these photos and videos. Selecting the photos in the iPad mini wont let me put them into trash.

How can I get rid of all these other albums and revert to just storing photos in my camera roll?

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 10:06 AM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2013 10:12 AM in response to Peter Stolle

You have to connect the iPad to the Mac and deselect the photos in the Photos tab of iTunes and follow that with a sync in order to remove the photos.

Connect the iPad to the Mac and launch iTunes.

Select your iPad from Devices in the upper right or in the left sidebar of iTunes, if the sidebar is enabled.

Click on the Photos tab in the iTunes window on the right.

Uncheck all of the albums and videos that you want to remove under the Sync Photos from heading.

Click on Apply in the lower right corner of iTunes.

If you want to remove all photos, uncheck the "Sync Photos From" heading and then click on Apply. If you can't see the sidebar, go to View>Show sidebar from the iTunes menu at the top.

How do I remove hundred of photos and videos from my new iPad mini, that were downloaded via my iMac from an earlier iPad2 backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.