Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a used iMac 21.5 in that i would like to reset the apple id so when I get updates in goes to my id instead of the previous owners id. Which in the case is a relative

I have a used iMac 21.5 in that i would like to reset the apple id so when I get updates in goes to my id instead of the previous owners id. Which in the case is a relative. How can I do this ?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 10:39 AM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2013 12:08 PM in response to Pepdave

The Mac, it's OS and the iLife apps are still associated with the original owners Apple ID.Normally the original owner needs to follow the process to prepare a Mac for selling or giving it to someone else. They need to call Apple Care and request that their Apple ID be disassociated from the Mac, erase the Mac and install the most recent version of OS X that shipped on the Mac, reinstall the iLife apps and deauthorize the Mac from their iTunes account.

If you have a bill of sale of some sort and can prove the Mac beongs to you, Apple may be able to assist you. Call Apple Care and explain the issue.

I have a used iMac 21.5 in that i would like to reset the apple id so when I get updates in goes to my id instead of the previous owners id. Which in the case is a relative

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.