Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I do a mail merge from Excel in Pages?

I would like to use Pages to send out invoices and form letters to my membership database which is in Excel. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 2:28 PM

No.

Pages 5 doesn't do mail merge at all. You would have to use Pages 4.3 & Numbers 2.3 for mail merging. Open the Excel file in Numbers, convert the top row to a header row & then set up your merge in Pages.

User uploaded file

4 replies

Dec 11, 2013 7:27 PM in response to PromoBird

I'm glad you got it to work. I did mention converting the top row to a header row. It's a common error & the solution isn't at all clear. Here's what I wrote some time ago:

You need to designate a row as a header row in the Numbers table. Imported spreadsheets don't mark the first row as a header row. If the top row does contain the labels, hover the cursor over the row number, click the down-facing arrow that appears & choose convert to header row. If you don't have a row with labels to convert, add a header row using the Table menu or click the icon (middle icon) in the format bar then type in the labels.

User uploaded file

Can I do a mail merge from Excel in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.