Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's up with this awful new calendar? Cannot change start time!

Ever since "upgrading" to Mavericks 10.9 I cannot change the start time on an event. It's not clickable. Only the end time is. If I click the start time nothing happens. If I click the end time I can adjust it easily. What's up with this? 😕

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 12:33 PM

8 replies

Dec 12, 2013 1:34 AM in response to leroydouglas

OK but what if I don't want to "Quick Create" and what if I have an existing appiontment that I need to change the START time of? It's insane that I would have to delete and recreate it every time the start time changes. It is not exactly a infrequent situation where you have a meeting and the time gets moved.

Has apple now jumped on the standard big coporation bandwagon of creating products that get worse with every new version?

Dec 12, 2013 5:24 AM in response to brsm1990

At least the dialog box sizes itself correctly now. In the previous version if one were adding a lot of addresses or notes one could expand the size of the box a bit but then when one made an entry is shrunk the window again so you had to scroll again to see all the info. Now it sizes itself to fit the data. One still can't see all the data at once but at least when conentrating on addresses they are nicely formatted and so are the notes.

What's up with this awful new calendar? Cannot change start time!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.