Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator Filter Finder Items producing no results

I have been working on my automated workflow and I have gotten mixed results from this action. I have had it work, then ran the workflow again and then it not work. I have a similar workflow below it that runs from another variable and it works fine. But for some reason this set itsn't working for me. Help!! User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 12:42 PM

5 replies

Jan 3, 2014 5:26 PM in response to red_menace

Thats not it. I have different variables in my workflow that also use filters and they are producing results just fine, but for some reason this section isn't producing any results. And everything is working off the same hard drive. I have checked to make sure that my variable is producing results but just this filter isn't working.

I have tried duplicatinig the exact same filter that works and replacing it with the one that isn't working and that one doesn't work as well.

Jan 19, 2014 4:29 PM in response to StevenBulifant

I am having the exact same issue on 10.9.1 and the latest beta 10.9.2

The workaround I have used is to set the filter criteria to 'Any Content' contains ... and then the filter criteria. For some reason this works whereas using 'Name' or 'Extension' etc do not.

It is obviously not a Spotlight issue in my case as the filter works correctly with this method and was intermittent before. Spotlight has been checked and indexes rebuilt on the particular drive in question. The directory is not excluded from Spotlight either.

The Filter Finder Items issue has been a re-occuring one over the last few major versions of OS X and I for one get quite peeved with the amount of time I spend fixing or find work arounds each time Apple break it...

Automator Filter Finder Items producing no results

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.