Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading from iPhoto '09 to iOS iPhoto

Hello,

I recently created a book in iPhoto '09 (for the holidays, of course) but the link to ordering books is dead. If I upgrade to the iOS (latest) version of iPhoto, will there be any issues I should be aware of? I have thousands of photos that have been put into albums, edited, etc. and I would hate lose all that information. Assume I wouldn't but can't seem to find any info that makes me feel comfortable. Anyone go through this? Will I have to move Libraries etc. or will iOS iPhoto upgrade iPhoto '09 automatically? Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 5:29 PM

4 replies

Dec 12, 2013 6:36 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hi Terence,

Thank for the reply and sorry for the confusion. I am talking about iPhoto for the Mac, which I guess would be iPhoto 9.5.1. The question is essentially the same regarding the upgrade. What had/has me concerned is that in iPhoto '09, the link to upgrade to the new version of iPhoto is a dead link - page not found - so I wondered if the new version was a total makeover and if it would somehow not recognize my older iPhoto libraries, albims, books etc. Essnetially I am wondering if I buy iPhoto 9.5.1 will it automatically upgrade iPhoto '09 (8.1.2). Assume it will but want to be sure. Does that make sense? Appreciate your time.

Thanks,

John

Upgrading from iPhoto '09 to iOS iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.