Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I follow instructions to reset my keychain password for my Imac 24 with Osx 10.6 the keychain menu will not pop up

The manual instructs as follows: 1- Open keychain access, whichis in the Utilities folder within Applications folder. 2- From keychain access menu choose "Preferences". There is no keychain menu that follows. no word "preferences" and therefore I cannot find "general" or "reset my default Keychain." The whole process stops because clicking "keychain access" does not lead to a choice to click "preferences". It simply dead ends. If anyone can help I would be very greatful. Thank you.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 6:16 PM

1 reply

When I follow instructions to reset my keychain password for my Imac 24 with Osx 10.6 the keychain menu will not pop up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.