Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have android, cannot receive group mms message from one specific iphone

I have a galaxy s4. My mom, dad, and sister, all have iphones. Whenever my family sends me a group message, I cannot receive any messages from my dad's phone. For example, if my mom sends a group message to my sister and me, I receive both of their messages. When she sends a group message to my dad and me, I only receive her messages, not my dad's.

Looking at the message history, group messages on my dad's iphone stay in imessage format (blue) even with my number as a recipient. On my mom's, the messages sent from her are green.

I can receive individual messages from my dad which are green.

I've checked the messaging settings on my dad's iphone and it completely matches my mom's messaging settings.

Is there any reason why his phone is staying in imessage format for group messages as compared to my mom's or my sisters?

iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 6:14 PM

5 replies

Jan 7, 2014 11:10 AM in response to jdotremy

I'm having the same issue. One colleague has an adroid phone and up until a few weeks ago, I was able to group text, including him, with no issues. Now all the iphone users get the text message, but he does not. If I direct text him, it works just fine. Anyone else having any luck getting this fixed? It's clear Apple isn't going to fix it.

Mar 8, 2014 8:31 AM in response to jdotremy

I went through this after switching from iPhone to Android. I spent a couple of hours over a period of three days talking to Apple and Verizon support, trying everything they suggested. I finally got this info from a second-level Apple support rep: This is a known problem that will be fixed in some future release. Meanwhile, ask friends with iPhones to send you one-to-one messages, not group messages.

Have android, cannot receive group mms message from one specific iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.