Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the equivalent app on an iPad for QuickTime on an iMac?

I've created several videos using iVideo on an iMac that are in the .mov format and which are played using QuickTime.

I would like to play them on an iPad. I have iMovie installed. Is that the equivalent of QuickTime for playback? But how do I access the videos on the iMac? I'm using a direct USB connection, but I don't find the tools on the iPad to access the iMac videos. I'm synchronizing data, but videos don't seem to be an option. Do I have to do it via iTunes? or iCloud? or what?

Thank you.

George

iPad, iOS 7.0.4, 128 GBytes

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 7:29 PM

4 replies

Dec 11, 2013 10:53 PM in response to iCurious1

Hello George,

There are a few ways you can do this, depending how and where you saved your finished move, connect your iPad to your computer, open iTunes and select your iPad in the side bar under Devices.

Once selected you will see tabs for all of your content on top, select Movies then you can select the movies you want to sync. You can then sync all your movies or select only the ones you want.

If there are no movies, look at you sidebar select Movies under Library and you can either Add to Library, iTunes-File-Add to Library ( Command O ) or you can drag and drop them in there.

To add then form iMovie,when your finished editing, select Share - iTunes.

In short, put them in iTunes. That is what I do, and it works find.

Hope that helps

What is the equivalent app on an iPad for QuickTime on an iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.