Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time machine icon does not rotate with mavericks. Is that normal ?

Time machine icon in finder menu bar used to rotate as the back up was proceeding. With mavericks, at least with my Mac Pro, it does not.

Is there a way to make it spin so I know when it is working, and when stopped.

MacPro, Mac OS X (10.5.2), Also MacBook pro

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 6:43 PM

It does not spin. There is no fix. However, it does in the sidebar of the Finder.

7 replies

Dec 11, 2013 7:38 PM in response to Kappy

In a previous discussion about this "feature", it was later observed that the 'spinning of the circular arrow in the MenuBar' has been replaced with a 'tiny triangle appearing at the break in the Time Macine circle part of the Icon' when the Backup is in progress.

The icons are show in this thread from 1-Dec-2013:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5619273?answerId=23972811022#23972811022

Dec 11, 2013 7:47 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I haven't seen that on my system. Must be spinning so fast as to become invisible.

I just triggered a backup to see. No rotating triangle. However, even if there were one it wold be too small to see with human eyes making it a worthless indicator. If the programmers are going to spin a teeny tiny triangle, then why not leave it as it was?

Time machine icon does not rotate with mavericks. Is that normal ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.